Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 13 - Easter

I was trying to explain the real meaning of Easter to my 6 yr old, keeping it as basic as possible. I told her about Jesus rising on the 3rd day, and that He still lives, but in heaven. I knew she didn't totally get it when she replied "So Mum, have you seen Jesus yourself? Like, FOR REAL Mum, for real in real life?"

So although we do go to church and talk about the real reason for celebrating Easter, at this age it's still all about the Easter Bunny and chocolate eggs. LOL. Easter for us this year coincided with various family members coming from afar to visit. We were all able to catch up over a BBQ lunch on Good Friday, which was just wonderful. I hadn't seen some of my cousins in a long time. The kids had a fabulous time running around chasing each other and eating way too much chocolate. I think it's been a little over 3 months since the older ones were all together last.





Project 365: March 2010 Templates by Biograffiti
Itty Bitty Dates No.4 by Biograffiti
Chick, rabbit ears, wordart & papers from Sunrise Sorbet by Sunshine Studio Scraps (blog train)
Eggs & grass from Little Peep freebie by Bren Boone
Ruby Alpha (free) by Lauraskathi
Century Gothic font

1 comment:

mum said...

That was a brain wave to get a "cousins" photo. It sure was a good day. I love it when we all get together.